Homage To the Brotha's

 

Excuse me brotha,

      I mean, King.

Rich Chocolate, high yellow, creamy caramel

brotha.

Can I just lay this out to you for a minute?

     Tall and lean,

Thick and Stacked,

     Short and pumped,

My brotha, you are all that.

     You are the beginning of life and I bask in the

glory of you.

     You are strength and power

and I want to sit at your side and absorb your

     greatness.

Your eyes are smoldering, tender coals of sexy

and when you pimp and walk, I swear I hear a

     Curtis Mayfield tune.

You are a perfect imperfection

     and the very definition of right.

Your mouth is the tongue of experience

     and I learn at your altar of wisdom.

You are cool and suave, intelligent and talented

     and I shine brighter in your presence.

You are the foundation

     and I stand on your shoulders, reaching for the

wholeness of family.

     You sing your blues.

You play your jazz.

     You rap your hip-hop

and I sway my hips to your beat.

     I dig who you are and what you’re about

and I think it’s time someone said it.

          ldw ©

               Poem Written By: Lyris D. Wallace

                 https://amzn.to/2VMCLNU

 


No comments:

Post a Comment