The Window Seat

Poem Written By: Lyris D. Wallace

 I sit in the window seat,

trying to define myself.

My mind is cluttered,

      yet the page remains empty.

Self-definition can almost be

      too revealing.

Sometimes the mind accepts,

      sometimes it rejects,

and oftentimes,

      it just disregards.

Like most,

      I am defined by experience,

               people,

                         places.

I am a combination of personalities

               and realities.

I am a searcher,

      searching for the necessity of life.

I am a student of WHY.

I am a product of the past,

      a wonderer of the present

               and a dreamer of the future.

I am an infusion of knowledge,

      emotion and strength.

I am moved by the creation around me,

      empowered by those who came before me.

I am less than God,

      created to be more than man.

I am a reaper of harvests

      and sower of seeds.

I am worn,

      but determined.

I am limp,

      but still rising.

I am the face of one

but the reflection of a thousand generations

and yet, I am still being defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment